The establishment year of Pani-puri is yet unknown to all. The best Caterers in Kolkata often opt for this as a catering starter option.
Known as puchka in Kolkata, it has the essence of taste and love for the best caterers in Kolkata.
- Potato- 3 pcs
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Half tablespoon baking powder
- 11 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 10 chillies
- 5-6 coriander stems
- 1-2 mint and parsley stems
- 1 tablespoon chat masala
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri mirch masala
- 1 cup tamarind juice
- 1 lemon
Process for the Puri:
- Take 1 cup of semolina flour and 1 cup of white flour. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, sugar and sunflower oil, with half tablespoon of baking powder.
- Let it set and mix well in the dry condition. Before pouring everything into the bowl try to filter out all the lumps using a strainer.
- Mix the entire dough with ¼ cup of water.
- Slowly let the water peep into the flour and semolina mixture. Make contractions on the dry and wet ingredients.
- Punch the dough really well, so that it starts developing a semi solid consistency.
- Divide the dough into tiny balls. Then roll that into a small flat puri.
- While making the puri, make sure that the bread is highly moisty and flat. Greased with oil or Dalda.
- The size should be that of a small muffin, that fits within the fist.
- Pour 10 tablespoon of oil on a pan, and let it heat to a moderately hot temperature.
- Slowly drop the rolled bread into the pan, and let it shimmer for a few minutes.
- As soon as it unflats with the heat take it out from the oil.
- Plate that on a plate, and it cools under room temperature.
- Take out the puris on a plate, and pat dry with a tissue.
- You will know that the puri is perfectly fine, when it has an extremely crunchy texture.
Process for the Filling:
- Boil 3 large potatoes on a vessel. Not too soft, but let it cook with the skin on.
- Let the boiled potatoes cool for a while at room temperature.
- Peel the skin of the potato, and mash that into a bowl.
- While mashing make sure that the potato stays in a semi liquid state and not completely loose.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, diced chilis and coriander leaves.
- Make sure that chickpeas and all the leaf spices stay intact in their shapes and not broken into the potato.
- Mix everything well and add 1 tablespoon of chat masala, salt and kashmiri mirch masala.
- Let everything mix well and that completes the feeling. The best caterers in Kolkata make the feeling this way.
Process for the Water:
- Add tamarind juice, chopped parsley, coriander and mint into the water.
- Stir the liquid really well, so that the leaves and juices mix really well. The best caterers in Kolkata use Boondi as well.
- Squeeze one lemon and salt, mix that well.
Take one puri, and make one small hall in the puri. Put some filling inside the puri and dip that into the sour water. The best Caterers in Kolkata, plate the best out of it in the form of dahi puchka or chat.
Make a point, that the puri remains intact and sokud after dipping in the water. Caterers in the city, have the best of it. That is the Pani puri that you wanted to have, known to be as Fuchka in Kolkata, Golgappa in Delhi and Panipuri in the rest of the country.